The goal of the BDE is to identify and qualify as many candidate customers as possible in as short a time.
1. Understand the 'Ideal Customer Profile' – the BDE needs to be clear on who he or she is trying to target. This means the target industry, role, company size, geography, region, etc.
2. Create prospect lists: once you know who to target, the key task of a BDE is to research online and build lists of contacts that fit the profile. This can be through a combination of web searches, LinkedIn searches, association membership lists, 3rd party database providers like ZoomInfo, and purchased lists from list providers. The BDE can use tools to improve the accuracy of their lists to ensure the names and contact details are correct.
3. Run outbound emails and calls: BDEs can be contacted 30 to 60 people per day. These initial contacts are brief and exploratory – the BDE is trying to establish if there are a potential interest and requirement for your solution, not trying to sell it.
4. Handover to Account Execs: when a BDE is sure that one of her contacts is worth pursuing, they capture all relevant details and then do a controlled handover to one of their Account Exec colleagues. This handover can include confirmation by the Account Exec that the new lead meets all the necessary criteria for them to pursue.
5. Make use of technology at each step: there are tools available to help BDEs do their job better and faster. From prospect databases, email verification, outbound email automation, and CRM systems, SDRs should use tools at each step to identify prospects, contact them and record their interactions, and measure their overall progress.
Skills Required:(a) good at written communication
We are a Salesforce first IT company offering business process consulting and development services through the Salesforce Platform and its extended offerings.
Our skilled and experienced team conducts a strategic assessment of client requirements and implement their business process on Salesforce Cloud.